Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, it is.
You can register without a license plate number. Just select '-' from the list of country codes and provide your username as a license plate number. No message can be sent to an account without a license plate number, but are no other restrictions apply to it.
You will receive the messages via email, but we are currently working on push and SMS notifications, too.
Only if it was provided by the sender.
Only if the sender has written a custom message instead of choosing a template.
- Your license plate number,
- your provided email address(es),
- your preferences given on your Dashboard and
- your sent and received messages.
We cannot access your password, we store it in an encoded way. Thus, if you forget your password, you need to request a new one, as we cannot tell you the old one.
No, we are not sending either newsletters or advertisement to you.
You will receive the messages to your license plate number via email. We may put ads at the bottom of these emails, they pay for the service.
Yes. Simply select your country code from the list in the blue stripe when registering.
Not every country is in the list yet. If yours is missing, please send us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
and we will add it.
Without signing in, yes. If you would like to send custom messages, please register and sign in.
We introduced this restriction to avoid possible misuse of the system.
Because we would like to avoid prompting a texting urge during driving which might divert the driver's attention from the traffic.
As it can be run in a browser, you can use any platform. We are currently working on an Android, Windows Phone and iOS application though.
We are happy to receive any ideas! Please send your thought or questions to email@example.com
and we will answer you shortly. In case you are sending a cool feature request we will try to start implementing it as soon as possible!
Terms and Conditions
By using the system you accept the following terms and conditions:
- You are allowed to send only message templates without signing in.
This restriction can be removed, but in custom messages you must not use:
- threatening, insulting or vindictive,
- false or misleading,
- or promotional
The sender takes full responsibility to follow these rules, Égvemaradt.hu cannot be held liable.The license plate number of the sender will always be added to custom messages.Violating the terms and conditions might result in disabling the user account along with other consequences.
- Each message sent over Égvemaradt.hu will be logged with the following data:
- the license plate number of the recipient,
- the content of the message,
- email address of the sender (if provided),
- IP address of the sender
- and the timestamp of sending the message.
- You may send 1 message within 2 minutes from one device (IP address) without signing in.
After signing in this limit changes to 2 messages within 2 minutes.
Although it does not explicitly refer to Égvemaradt.hu, we find it important to emphasize that all road users are obligated to follow the Highway Code under all circumstances. Holding a mobile phone is forbidden, which includes not only making a call but using Égvemaradt.hu as well. To avoid risk of accidents, never use the system while driving!
Statement of data management
The most important guidelines of our data management are briefly:
- It can be queried whether a specific license plate number is present in the database, but the full list of registered license plate numbers is not public.
- The email address(es) and phone number assigned to a license plate number cannot be queried, only the owner of the account can see them.
- Deleting an account will result in irreversible deletion of the email address(es).
However, the license plate number (flagged as inactive) and the messages sent to it will remain in the system for statistical and legal reasons. Also we will store the date and time of the deletion.
- The Égvemaradt.hu website does not use tracking cookies.
Using the following link you can download the official statement of data management of Égvemaradt.hu: Égvemaradt.hu statement of data management (PDF, 60 kB)
- Script & design by Dénes Zsolt
- Legal advice by dr. Horváth Eszter
- English version by Mátrai Kinga, Simon Trew
- German version by Sóti Ildikó, Sascha Kis
Using Égvemaradt.hu is and will be free. The project is driven solely by our engagement and is backed only by our own pockets.
If you like the system, please support us over PayPal. Every single pound counts!
Your donations will be used to cover the expenses of the server maintenance and the continuous improvement of Égvemaradt.hu.
While building the site, we have used the following resources:
1122 Budapest, Gaál József Road 24.
Trade register no.: 01-09-322570